Inventory Unit Detail
2017 Husqvarna TC 125
The TC 125, built to the same standards as its larger siblings is designed with premium performance and quality in mind. A compact and powerful engine is combined with a lightweight chromium molybdenum frame making the small capacity motocrosser extremely capable in the hands of future MX2 and MX1 riders. Along with the standard WP AER 48 fork, Magura hydraulic clutch and map select the TC 125 keeps its rider a step ahead of the competition.
- Engine: With 40 hp, and an overall weight of just 17.2 kg, the 125 cc engine shows the continued commitment in 2-stroke technology at Husqvarna Motorcycles. The lightweight unit is designed to provide more torque than traditional 2–stroke engines making the TC 125 easier to ride for both beginners and seasoned professionals. As with the larger motors, the TC 125 engine centralizes rotating mass for optimal operation with the chassis resulting in light and agile handling.
- Cylinder and piston: The cylinder features a 54 mm bore. Combined with an innovative power valve design, the 125 cc motor embraces every last horsepower the Teflon coated piston can provide.
- Crankshaft: The crankshaft is manufactured to be as light as possible and balanced perfectly to reduce vibrations. The component is also precisely positioned to ensure that any inertia created by the rotational mass has very little effect on overall handling.
- Crankcase: A high-pressure die cast production processes results in a thin wall thickness and keeps the overall weight to a minimum. The historical Husqvarna logo adorns the bronze finished crankcase covers.
- Chromium molybdenum frame: With years of experience in designing the most advanced steel frames in offroad, the engineers in Research and Development designed a chromium molybdenum steel frame that redefines every structural aspect that benefits handling, ergonomics and packaging. With carefully calculated tortional and longitudinal flex, the frame works in harmony with the suspension to offer sharp handling and superior comfort. These characteristics, matched to a lightweight and compact engine design, offer exceptional handling precision while at the same time increasing bump-absorption and feeling.
- Carbon fibre subframe: The use of carbon fibre strips away weight, improving weight distribution and bringing weight closer to the centre of gravity for precise handling. The composition of the material is 30% carbon fibre and the overall 3-piece construction is remarkably light but also very strong for an overall weight of 1.4 kg. Additionally, a specific rigidity has been calculated in the component for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- WP AER 48 suspension: The WP AER 48 is a new milestone in the development of Husqvarna motocross models. It is safe, lightweight and easy to adjust through a single air valve and supplied fork pump for pre-load and click adjusters for compression and rebound. The system is made up of a set of split-system forks consisting of an air suspension unit and a hydraulic damping unit. The new forks offer a weight reduction of 1.6 kg in comparison to conventional fork systems of MY16. The forks are extremely responsive thanks to friction-optimized surface coating on the outer and inner tube surfaces and optimally designed sealing systems.
- WP DCC rear suspension: The WP DCC rear shock is designed to provide advanced damping characteristics while keeping to a compact and lightweight design. With a pressure balance inside the shock, damping is consistent and results in greater rider comfort and handling. Additonally, the outer surface of the gas reservoir is corrugated and increases cooling. The component is also fully adjustable and matched to a linkage system with a specific geometry to deliver the best possible traction and progression.
- Gearbox: The 6-speed gearbox features specific motocross ratios while the gear lever incorporates an innovative tip design that prevents dirt build-up.
- Hydraulic clutch: The high quality German-made Magura clutch system guarantees even wear, almost maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. This means that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remain identical in cold or hot conditions, as well as over time.
- Self-cleaning footpegs: Tested in the toughest conditions, the self-cleaning footpeg mount prevents dirt build-up collected through deep ruts or muddy terrain. As a result, the footpeg will spring back into its original position ensuring perfect control.
- Pro Taper handlebar: Manufactured to exacting standards, the Pro Taper handlebar features class-leading fatigue resistance while adding minimal weight. For MY17, the lower handlebar clamp has been separated into two individual clamps while the top clamp is a bridge-type clamp improving torsional stiffness.
- High tech production processes: High-pressure die cast production processes keep the overall weight of the engine to a minimum, resulting in a thin wall thickness of the crankcase. The hydro-formed, laser-cut and robot-welded frame incorporates high quality materials and high tech production processes by WP Performance Systems while an innovative carbon composite subframe offers supreme strength at minimal weight.
- New Mikuni carburettor: The MY17 TC 125 now features a 38mm flat slide Mikuni TMX carburettor. This new carburettor provides an increasingly smooth and controllable power delivery with optimal performance over the entire RPM range. Additionally, it is also very easy to set.
- Functional bodywork: Modern and functional bodywork with traditional Husqvarna blue and yellow accents mark a simplistic yet stylish Swedish design. The ergonomics have been specifically tailored to deliver high levels of comfort and control, enabling riders to perform at their peak for extended periods of time. The high grip seat cover keeps the rider positioned under hard acceleration or in slippery conditions.
- Tool-less air box design: The airbox is designed with precisely positioned inlet ducts aimed at preventing air deformation and ensuring maximum airflow. The air filter is easily accessed, without tools, by removing the left side panel. Easy maintenance is guaranteed by the Twin Air filter and filter cage design that features a simple fail proof mounting system for safe and accurate filter installation.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Displacement: 124.8 cm³
- Bore: 54 mm
- Stroke: 54.4 mm
- Starter: Kickstarter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Primary drive: 23:73
- Secondary gear ratio: 13:50
- Clutch: Wet, multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Kokusan
- Frame design: Chrome-molybdenum steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 310 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 300 mm
- Front brake: Brembo twin-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Rear brake: Brembo single-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 63.9 deg.
- Wheelbase: 1485 ± 10 mm
- Ground clearance: 375 mm
- Seat height: 960 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 7 L
- Weight without fuel: 87.4 kg
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- 124.8 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 54 x 54.4 mm
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Front Brakes
- Brembo twin-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Brembo single-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Dry Weight
- 87.4 kg
- Fuel Capacity
- 7 L
- 1485 ± 10 mm
- Ground Clearance
- 375 mm
- Seat Height
- 960 mm
- Final Drive
- Chain 5/8 x 1/4 in.