Inventory Unit Detail
2018 Husqvarna Motorcycles FE 450
The FE 450 features class leading technology and premium components standard. The chromium molybdenum frame is expertly crafted to offer the ideal flex while the powerful engine features shaft arrangements aimed at improving mass centralisation and handling. Combined with WP suspension and enduro specific rear linkage, the FE 450 holds no compromise in pure enduro performance and quality.
- Engine: Weighing only 29.7 kg, the 450cc engine is not only light and compact but features the latest technology available offering unequalled performance, ride-ability and reliability in its class. Additionally, the engine is suited specifically for enduro type riding with a standard electric start, 6 speed wide ratio gearbox and an array of electronic rider aids.
- Cylinder and piston: The lightweight aluminium cylinder features a 95 mm bore and a lightweight Koenig bridge-box-type piston. This combination produces very little oscillating mass significantly reducing vibration and increasing rider comfort.
- Cylinder head: The compact SOHC cylinder head offers maximum performance at the minimum possible weight. The camshaft actuates four lightweight valves (titanium intake Ø=40mm 32.6g, steel exhaust Ø=33mm 42.6g) through a robust rocker arm system.
- Crankshaft: A plain big end bearing comprising of two force-fitted bearing shells ensure maximum reliability and durability, guaranteeing long service intervals of 135 hours.
- Chromoly steel frame: The hydro-formed, laser-cut and robot-welded frame is expertly crafted by WP Performance Systems. The flex character of the frame is specifically tailored to benefit suspension functionality, handling and comfort. The frame fitted with standard frame protectors and an engine protector which mounts directly to the frame guaranteeing superior protection and durability.
- Composite carbon fibre subframe: The composite subframe is a design unique to Husqvarna showcasing pioneering technologies and innovation. This 3 piece component is made up of 30 % carbon fibre making it remarkably light (1.4 kg). Specific care is taken to engineer a calculated rigidity for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- WP Xplor 48: The WP Xplor 48 front fork is developed by WP Performance Systems specifically for enduro type riding. The forks consist of an open cartridge layout with a spring in each circuit and split damping functions. For MY18, the forks feature new outer tubes with improved flex characteristics and reduced friction while a new stiffer setting offers more sensitivity and greater bottoming resistance.
- WP rear shock: The WP DCC rear shock is designed to provide advanced damping characteristics while keeping to a compact and lightweight design. With a pressure balance inside the shock, the stroke is more seamless resulting in greater rider comfort and handling while the corrugated outer contour of the reservoir improves cooling.
- Tool-less air filter access: The airbox is designed with precisely positioned inlet ducts aimed at preventing air deformation and ensuring maximum airflow and filter protection. The air filter is easily accessed, without tools, by removing the left side panel. Easy maintenance is guaranteed by the Twin Air filter and filter cage design that features a simple fail proof mounting system for safe and accurate filter installation.
- Functional bodywork: Distinctive and futuristic bodywork highlight the enduro range while striking pearl blue and electric yellow graphics stylishly adorn the Swedish inspired design. The advanced ergonomics provide superior comfort and control allowing the rider to perform at their peak for extended periods of time.
- Electric start: A standard electric starter guarantees easy starting in all situations. The system is powered by a lightweight and powerful Li-Ion battery which is 1 kg lighter than conventional lead battery.
- Pro Taper handlebar: The Pro Taper handlebar is second to none for function and style. Manufactured to exacting standards, the Pro Taper handlebar features class-leading fatigue resistance while adding minimal weight. The Pro Taper logos are chemically applied and are scratch and peel resistant.
- Magura braking system: New for MY18 is a Magura front and rear braking system. The system features a similar layout to the previous design with improved sensitivity for a more modulated feel while still retaining the highest level of performance. 260mm disc front and 220mm rear.
- Magura hydraulic clutch: The reliable, high quality, German-made clutch system guarantees even wear, near maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. Meaning that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remains identical in cold or hot conditions, as well as over time.
- Self cleaning footpeg mount: The Husqvarna frame features a clever, self -cleaning footpeg mount which prevents the build-up of dirt collected through deep ruts or muddy terrain. As a result, the footpeg will spring back into its original position ensuring perfect control. The large aluminium footpegs have an Enduro specific grip pattern while the position of the pegs is 6mm higher than that found on the MX models to further increase ground clearance over rocks and deep ruts.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 449.3 cm³
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD Xplor 48 with preload adjuster
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 11.81 in.
- Front brake: Magura two-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear brake: Magura single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 63.5 deg.
- Seat height: 38.19 in.
- Weight without fuel: 243.39 lb.
- Suspension travel (rear): 12.99 in.
- Tank capacity (approx.): 2.25 US gal.
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 449.3 cm³
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD Xplor 48 with preload adjuster
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Front Brakes
- Magura two-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear Brakes
- Magura single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Seat Height
- 38.19 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.25 US gal.
- Dry Weight
- 243.39 lb.
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.